Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 5 March 2010

A Chilly Morning.

It was cold this morning, -4C when I left for work. I was back in my Year 2 class for the whole day and it was quite an eventful morning. There is one child in the class with extreme behaviour problems and today he got into such a state he had to be sent home. I thought I wouldn't have any problems with him today as he had an adult working with him but things became unmanageable. I was worried that I had precipitated the situation but then I found out that his behaviour had been difficult yesterday afternoon and this was just a continuation. Apart from that the rest of the day wasn't too bad. The school is having a multicultural week next week and I, maybe foolishly, volunteered to produce a dragon dance for our celebration assembly. Today the children wrote stories loosely based on a Chinese dragon story, made Lucky Money and Lucky Money envelopes, (a bit of shape work and addition thrown in there), designed dragons for our dance and made dragon puppets. And the sun shone brightly all day long.
Each day as I drive home from work I pass these stands of snowdrops. They are in a roadside hedgerow but have obviously been planted by the occupants of the cottages across the road. It is not unusual for people to plant garden plants in hedgerows near their homes. A long stretch of a high bank opposite the village school in Shirwell is planted with all sorts of daffodils and narcissi which have been left to naturalise themselves and look very pretty in the spring.

1 comment:

Elora said...

Good Morning, Ruta!
I have a couple of small patches of snowdrops and I've been so looking forward to seeing them this year particularly. With our hard winter, they are such a welcome sign of spring! But my "patches" are NOTHING like these patches! What a beautiful display!

I can relate to your situation with the unruly child. Lots of children these days, seem to have "issues" and it's challenging for teachers.

Thanks for your beautiful shot, reminding us all wherever we are, that spring is here!

Elora