Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Night And Day.

Last night the moon was almost bright enough to read by. I'm quite pleased at the amount of detail my camera managed to pick up, normally when I go into the digital zoom range the picture loses definition but the above picture is not bad.
Last night's clear sky let the temperature drop and we had a sharp frost in the morning. This soon went in the warmth of the sunshine. I had some time to work in the garden before going to school. It was so warm that first I took off my coat and then my second fleece. It was such a lovely morning that I had my late morning coffee sitting outside by the scree garden. What a great thing the imagination is, I was able to look at the small parts of the scree garden that have been tidied up and let my mind morph the tidiness onto the rest of the garden which still needs work. Slowly the garden is being cleared, ready for the burst of spring growth bringing form and colour to this corner of the valley. Perhaps there will even be time for me to sit and contemplate my little world or !!! read a book to the sound of the wind rushing through the trees and the birds all around.
I reluctantly dragged myself away from the garden to go and do some paid work. When I got to school the spring time feeling was reinforced by the sight and smell of the first cutting of the grass in the junior school field behind our classrooms. Plenty of cut grass being thrown around by enthusiastic children. Once I got back home it was still light enough to do another hour of work outside. I'm really pushing on with the garden before I need to rest my back after the injections and also while it is not raining as it's been known to rain for weeks on end here.



5 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Picture of moon is amazing - great detail. Great capture.

happyone said...

Wow, that is a fantastic shot of the moon. My camera just can't get that detail.

Catching the Magic said...

I can't get over that photo of the moon! There's no way my camera could capture that level of detail - it looks like you have a super duper zoom. Absolutely fabulous!

Glad you're getting some signs of spring too :)

Ruta M. said...

My camera is a Nikon D90. Almost but not quite an SLR. Optical zoom is 24X which is one of the features I was looking for when I was choosing a camera last autumn.

Ruta M. said...

Oops, it's a P90 not a D90.