Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 26 March 2010

Exploring Cat.

I was busying in the kitchen this morning when one of the set of chopping boards that stands next to the microwave seemed to move. 'Strange' I thought so I moved the boards away to discover Elwen perched on top of the microwave. I have no idea what she thought she was going to find there.
And out she comes.
Another full day in school. Somehow I'm managing to fit in lots of creative activities, well, you have to make Easter cards so in the absence of any other instructions that's what we did (after the usual numeracy and phonics sessions). The classroom is now adorned with some weird and wonderful chicks with googly eyes and folded paper legs. Some of them look quite scary.
(Later- like after midnight), just got home from a meal at a smart Chinese restaurant with 11 friends from work as Marion is retiring after 24 years as a teaching assistant.
This was the well behaved look before the evening got started.


Once everyone had tucked into lots of delicious food and a certain amount of wine, things got a little noisier as we all began to unwind from the stresses of work. In fact there was plenty of laughter & ribald humour, the group that had had arrived on the bus missed the last bus home, no problem as several of us didn't drink and had cars, and we were almost the last group to leave the restaurant. Even Peter benefited as I overcame my British inhibitions and asked for a doggie bag to take home. Doggie bags are almost unheard of in the UK, firstly because restaurant meal portions are usually of a manageable size and also because most Brits would find it highly embarrassing to ask for the 'left-overs'. I'm a bit of a rebel and less inhibited than most, also Peter had said in a plaintive voice when I dropped into his study to say that I was off out, 'They do doggie bags at the Han Court'. So now he has something tasty for tomorrow when I will have to be very strict with my diet to make up for tonight's extravagance.

No comments: