Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Linas To The Rescue.

The sickness bug seems to be going around school again and there was a quick change of plan for me this morning. Instead of my Year 1 class I had the Year 2 class instead. I was very pleasantly surprised to find extra help in class , one student and a parent , as well as the teaching assistant who is there each morning. I even was able to have children working on the class pc, that is until it froze up and refused to do anything. I knew Linas was in town so after school I phoned him and got him to come over to look at it. Of course he was able to fix it in 5 mins, faulty keyboard connections, but he did get told off by the caretaker for putting big muddy footprints across the carpet. We had a good day and the maths activity was fun but differentiated for all ability levels in the class and for the literacy I carried on with work they had been doing on character profiles. I'm back in there all day tomorrow but now I know where the children have got to this week I can plan the day tonight instead of thinking on my feet first thing in the morning.
A final update on my health, don't want to become boring on this topic. It looks as if there is about an 80% improvement in my hips so I'm hoping the third injection will take that up to 100% and be a permanent fix.
The scenery is still very wintry with the bare branches of trees outlined against the grey skies. Only by looking closely at the trees can the swelling of the first leaf buds be seen.
At the top of the next tree were members of the jackdaw gang hanging out around the freshly muck spread fields. Plenty of worms and grubs to be had there. They still come down to inspect the chimney and roofs but so far they haven't gained access. Also since Linas went to MIA last weekend he has put a telescopic sight on the semi automatic airgun I like to use and I've been able to home right in on them. You'd think that they would get the message.

5 comments:

happyone said...

The birds you call jackdaws are they crows?
I like the bare looking trees, cool pictures!

Elora said...

Ruta! Your photos, today, are especially lovely! The silhouettes are GREAT!! I could never get that close to the crows, here because they know me! I've shot at them to the point to where I can shout "HAH!" really loudly and they take off. So, while they do leave, I miss the photo op!!

Elora

Ruta M. said...

Our jackdaws are Corvus monedula which is a small crow species but we do also have (carrion) crows, Corvus corone corone.Luckily around here they seem to be just a few individuals and have a harsh 'caw' unlike the jackdaws which make a higher pitched 'chack' call.I can't photograph the jackdaws at the house because as soon as they see me through a window they're off.

Julie said...

yeah for linas... what a blessing to have a talented son!

Ruta M. said...

In our house tinkering with pcs is like tinkering with cars in a previous generation. All the boys have built their own pcs using old/ slightly damaged components that Peter has been allowed to bring home from work.They spend so much time on their pcs that they have a vast store of knowledge and with a little persuasion help me out of any problems I might have.My only problem is making sure the store of 'spares' doesn't get too big.