Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 7 March 2010

Arch Triumphal.

I've spent most of the day perched preciously on ladders clipping the leylandii arch. The job is finally done though it's lost the clean line at the top of the front because I decided to even up the curve which had become very lopsided. In fact looking at my photos spurred me into going out once more, dragging the heavy roof ladders from the back of the house , where I had put them away and doing a bit more tidying up of the curve. I know that if I leave it for another day it will never get done. I'm not very good with heights and it was heavy work dragging heavy ladders around and stretching to cut at arms length without falling off the ladder. I tried my best to get the top even but it is not easy when one end of the ladder is on a slope and the other resting on a wobbly hedge. I had a couple of scary moments and the thought crossed my mind that if I did fall and injure myself the boys might then be sorry that none of them completed the job they agreed to do last year. Then reality struck and I decided they would probably say that they knew the job was too dangerous anyway and there would be no sympathy for Mum. Luckily ladders and I stayed upright and the only casualty is my finger which has a big blister.

No comments: