Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 8 March 2010

Almost Spring.

Once again it was blue skies and singing birds this morning. A little frosty, -2C but pleasant enough in the sun. I did a bit more garden tidying and made a start on putting in supports for those plants that need them. I'm more of a fan of leaving everything to grow naturally, that's my excuse for not doing too much, but each year I look fondly at some of the plants forming lovely bushy growth and then the rain comes, makes everything heavy and it all flops down in a big mess. That's when I think to myself that it would have been a good idea to put in some support earlier in the year.

I cleared away all the old fennel stems which have been making interesting winter shapes, sorted out the poles I use to support them and found the first early growths peeping through. On a day like today I can believe that spring is just around the corner.
(Later) I had the first of my spinal injections this afternoon. Not too bad though I can't say I am looking forward to the next 2. Feeling rather woozy so signing off now.

No comments: