Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 10 March 2010

Daft Patch.



It was rather grey this morning and for once I crept back into bed after feeding the hens. By the time I drove to work blue patches of sky were beginning to appear and at school the children were playing outside without their coats on. I took this picture of a silver birch in a supermarket car park after work.

Funny incident this morning. The cats often climb up to our bedroom window and 'ask' to be let in. I'm trying to dissuade them from doing this as they are just as likely to be banging on the window in the middle of the night so generally I try and ignore them. This morning the fattest of the cats, Patch, was out there and as I was already up I opened up the window to let him jump in. The silly cat took a step backwards, straight off the window sill and all I saw were his 2 front paws before he disappeared from sight. I rushed downstairs thinking I might be heading to the vet's for another big bill but he had landed safely and was climbing up the honeysuckle again. Daft cat. We don't have a cat flap as they would be bringing in dead things and leaving them around the house. Only a few weeks ago Patch caught several wood pigeons and left feathers all over the front yard. He probably just leapt on them and squashed them to death.

1 comment:

Where in the world is Jefferson City, Missouri said...

I love reading your blog and the pictures are so beautiful. I envy you living near the Ocean. I have a small garden and I can't wait to get into it. I love the way you talk of your animals and all. I just love it all around. Want to move in with ya......