Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 5 November 2011

Busy Day.

The day started on a note of sadness as there were more news reports about the horrific 34 vehicle crash on the M5, our closest motorway. The accident took place at 8.30 last night in wet and foggy conditions. Our hearts go out to the families of the 7 people known to have died and we pray for a swift recovery for the 51 people taken to hospital.


My first job of the day was to take another load down to the dump, something I always find satisfying. I am so lucky that even going to the dump takes me through beautiful countryside.

To get to the dump you have to drive down a road that hugs the side of a steep hillside. In places the trees make a tunnel to drive through and you get occasional views of the sea through the trees.

This could be a really spectacular road to drive along but in quite a few places there are piles of decaying building materials and other junk. Some of it looks like building projects in the properties that lie above or below the road but it always seems to have been that way. Other property owners seem to have used the hill as a scrapyard which is a real shame. The rest of the journey is also a pleasure as the road runs along the top of the hills and there are far reaching views both to Exmoor and Dartmoor with occasional glimpses of the sea.

My main job of the day was to make a start on cleaning the slabs around the scree garden with the pressure washer. I bought the washer in the summer for Romas to clean the slabs around the house but this is the first time I had used it and I am very pleased with it. It has a special round attachment with brushes that makes cleaning slabs so much quicker. Having cleaned half of the terrace I used the leaf vac to clear up all the leaves on the far side ready for that side to be cleaned.

1 comment:

happyone said...

So sorry to hear about the accidents on the M5. I will say a prayer for all concerned too.
I think goggy conditions are the worst of all weather to drive in.