Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 4 November 2011

More Tidying.

This morning I made a start on tidying the back room. This is where we store coats, boots and tools and over the years anything else that people can't be bothered to put away/sort out/throw. There are times when it is difficult to get to the big chest freezer that also lives in this room. I've made a start by sorting through the 'stuff' in one corner. I prefer to have an initial sort out of each area though Peter keeps suggesting that we pull everything out and then sort it out. But pull it out to where? I certainly don't want to put junk in one of the tidy rooms 'cos I can see a horrible mess being left because we've run out of time or can't think where to put things. I think I'll just keep on with my method and I expect the tools and materials we want to keep will fit in the existing cupboards. That is if we remember not to keep dumping things in there or storing useless items. When I finished work at school my car was prettily decorated with autumn leaves.
It rained quite a lot in the afternoon but I had to walk into town to do a few jobs before driving home.

And on the way home I stopped to take a few pictures of the pink sunset.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Your leaf covered car made me laugh. We have many trees in our backyard...read lots of leaves. My husband, recently retired, is in his glory because every other day he, at last, has the time to rake and chop. In years past, I raked and raked creating huge piles and kept my fingers crossed for a dry weekend in order to chop. The chopped leaves are my mulch for my garden.