Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 21 November 2011

Garden Day.


Yesterday I had a phone call cancelling my afternoon's teaching so I had a bonus day at home. Determined not to let the day go to waste I was outside relatively early and my day has been spent weeding, pruning and finishing the stone path that runs through the scree garden. The sky has been an unremitting grey but it has been fairly warm so it was a good day to be outside. Normally I'm quite happy to work silently, listening to the birds and the breeze with my own thoughts running through my head but today I livened things up by listening to most of The Hobbit on my MP4 player. Never even having had a Walkman these things are all a little mysterious to me. I'm still not exactly sure how to turn it off, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I think it might be a 'press & hold' but on which side of the rocker switch? Even studying the minuscule print in the manual doesn't make that clearer though for most actions you seem to have to press once and then do a 'double click'. I am not a technophobe, it's simply lack of experience and hey, Peter has to ask me every time what the proportions of rice and water are when he cooks rice.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Ruta...Thank you for answering my flapjack question...sounds tasty. I would like an MP3 player so I could listen to books. My CD player doesn't "hold" when I shut it off; therefore, I spend a lot of time searching for where I stopped listening. I have a friend who listens to an IPod while sewing. Like you, I am technically challenged, not sure if my brain will allow another eltronic wizard to be learned.

Your rose is lovely.