Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 6 November 2011

Grumpy Me.

The day started so well. The sun was shining, true not much in our garden but at least I could see it. I was out fairly early and got the rest of the slabs on the terrace cleaned up.
There are still quite a few flowers around and it was good to be working outside.


Then the man from Sky came and I began to turn into an old grump. Our Sky TV box had gone wrong weeks ago, we have insurance so we rang them up to have it repaired. A chap came and replaced the box with a 'reconditioned' box (ie somebody else's box that had gone wrong). That box also did not work properly so I tried to get in touch with the engineer who had put it in. No reply to my calls so Peter rang Sky and was persuaded that we needed an upgrade. One no-show appointment and finally we have someone here. Now it turns out that we need a second phone cable and surprise surprise the TV is too far from the satellite dish. We could keep the dish we have but not have all the recording facilities but still pay for them. So now we have a second dish on the front of the house, something I have never wanted and the man is currently drilling a hole through the wall of the sitting room. It remains to be seen if the whole system works. All I wanted was the old box fixed !



2 comments:

happyone said...

I'm sending some happy thoughts!! : )

You have such a pretty garden.

Liz in PA said...

Dear Ruta~ This all sounds like a nightmare on top of a Nightmare.
I hope the so called "Fixit`Men" are able to truly do the job thoroughly this time.
Good Luck.

Your Flower Gardens continue to amaze me....so colorful even now into November!