Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 18 November 2011

Fixed !

The BT (Internet) men came and found the missing telephone junction box buried under a lawn. They have replaced wires and done stuff and now we have Internet at the dizzy speed of 1.3MG. And the phone line is clear. It's only taken about 10 years as the BT (phone) men always used to say the line was clear. They obviously have different equipment. Now we shall put the soil back and try and remember the location of the box if there are any future problems. I had to leave the men to go for a physio session so when I returned I was glad to see that they had kept things tidy and put the soil in a wheelbarrow as I had asked.

The physiotherapist is pleased with my progress and it will be 2 weeks before I see him again. The exercises at home are such hard work. I have to lie on my back with a rolled up towel under my spine and then with it at the side. Last night I fell asleep in the middle of my 'exercises'.
As I was already there I carried on into town. The Christmas Tree is up in the square and the staging ready for the switch on ceremony on Sunday. Amy Winehouse's Goddaughter, Dionne Bromfield will be singing at the event and switching on the lights.
Back home, I spent the rest of the afternoon picking out moss and leaves from the path in the scree garden.

1 comment:

happyone said...

You must have really been tired to fall asleep during exercising!! : )