Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 20 November 2011

Skyscapes.

There are days such as today when I feel like doing nothing more than laze around, read a book and do some cooking. Today I had to remake the flapjacks because I got 2 recipes mixed up and used the wrong amounts of ingredients. It was only when the flapjacks were cooling that I realised I had used too much golden syrup which was resulting in soggy flapjacks. A quick remix with extra oats, back in the oven and job done. I don't like making flapjacks simply because I find them too tempting but they are the only sweet item that Peter asks for so how can I refuse. He doesn't eat cakes or any desserts which keeps those temptations out of the house but he does like a slice of flapjack either to take to work or to have at bedtime.
I finally motivated myself to get out into the garden which is silly because it is always much nicer outside than it is indoors at this time of year.


No sun in the garden but above were some lovely skyscapes. Most of the time my attention was on the ground searching for strands of moss in the stones so it was a surprise to look up and see that the sky was turning pink.

I grabbed my camera and rushed up the hill to try and get a better perspective,


only to have my battery run out after a few shots. Now at 5.00 it is pitch dark, hopefully the pink sky foretold a good day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Pink sky at night--sailors delight
Red sky in the morning---sailors take warning.....lovely pictures.

What are flapjacks? Here they are pancakes. Thanks for answering.

Ruta M. said...

Flapjacks are rolled (porridge)oats, golden syrup,sugar and butter mixed together, baked and cut into flat squares. The cooled flapjacks should be chewy rather than crispy though that might depend on me remembering to take them out of the oven on time. You can also add dried fruit or chocolate chips, I usually throw in sultanas or for a treat I add chopped dried apricots. Shop bopught ones are probably not made with butter but cheaper commercial alternatives and don't taste half as good.