Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 12 November 2011

Saturday And Sunday.

The Internet fell down again yesterday and is only just hanging on by its fingernails. It will be touch and go if I manage to get this post out.

We have had lovely weather this week-end. Hard to believe that we are half-way through November. So yesterday we took ourselves off for a nice long walk around Morte Point.
It was so warm that by the time we got to Rockham Bay we had to take off our coats. I was quite comfortable in just a sleeveless t-shirt (& jeans of course) for the rest of the walk. It was the kind of sunny day that we would have been happy with in the summer.
The waves looked superb, coming in strong and clean at about 6ft and in regular sets.


Even though it was windy we stopped right at the Point for our coffee break. We are so lucky to have all this on our doorstep.


Sunday.

More good weather. Peter went off early to row. This time they were rowing out of Instow and were out in the sea. He did say the waves were quite bouncy and they had a bit of a hairy moment when they were turning and the gig was broadside on to the waves. If I ever row in the sea rather than the river I will make sure that I wear a life jacket. They do have them in each gig but no-one wears them. As my swimming abilities are rather limited I wouldn't take any chances. My day has been spent gardening and then eating a curry which had been simmering since yesterday.

X marks the spot.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Ruta....Michigan is having a gray day rather dismal. Your photraphs made my day because I, too, walked along the sea. Thanks.

happyone said...

Wonderful pictures! I'd love to walk along the sea.
We've been having nice warmish days here too.