Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 10 November 2011

Garden Work.

It was such a lovely feeling to wake up this morning and know that I had the whole day at home, no popping into town for a shopping trip or going into work. It was even better when I realised that the weather man was way out and instead of heavy rain it was actually sunny! So I donned my old gardening clothes and headed out to the scree garden.
As usual, whenever I am up there, I was serenaded by a cheery robin perched in the tree on the corner of the drive. He was preening when I took photos and all the sharpest pictures were when he was giving his back feathers a good clean.

Among the stones of the scree garden this frog was posing under an ornamental grass.





(Half-way through.)

Today's job was to cut back the large sedums. I've been putting this job off as the large flower heads look quite cheerful in the garden. However they have been sneakily dropping leaves which rapidly dissolve into a horrible brown goo. Not a good look on the stones so the quicker they are cleared the better.

I was able to clear everything including most of the moss that was growing on the stones. It has been a most satisfying day and I was also able to mentally organise some dance lessons for my Year One class. I've been asked to prepare some dances for the Christmas production. I am musical but I will be the first to admit that I'm not very well co-ordinated. But this has never stopped me from enjoying dance. So we shall be doing line dancing and Hawaiian dancing. Thank goodness for the 'How to ' clips on YouTube. I try some basic steps at home and then translate them into something 5 year olds can do and we all end up having fun.




No comments: