Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 17 November 2011

A Solution At Last ?

The sun was shining brightly this morning but underfoot it was very wet. As I drove up the hill Paul was strimming the grass verges, I've given up on mowing this year as the grass is always wet.


A couple of days ago a small piece broke off one of my teeth so I was off to the dentist to get that sorted. Luckily this time it was only a matter of patching up the hole unlike last time when I ended up with a mouthful of needles. As it was nearly time for my check-up he did that as well and there were no problems. So that saves me another visit to the dentist. The rest of the day has been spent with a BT engineer trying to sort out our currently dreadful Internet. As we have known for years the problem is with the last bit of cable that runs down to the house. Not so easy to solve as somehow we have lost a junction box. At the last identifiable box set in the junction of the drive by the ponies' field there is one type of cable and where it emerges by the house there is another type of cable. Unfortunately I have no knowledge of any other box along the drive or in the garden. It has probably been buried somewhere in the yard. The engineer is coming back tomorrow with his boss and more equipment so they can look for this junction box and replace the cable - at last. He did also find water inside the other junction box and in a fitting that hadn't been tightened up properly and has dealt with that. Currently even when Broadband is working we are paying for 8MG but are lucky to get 0.3MG. We know we are too far from the servers but it would be nice if our costs were reduced commensurately.

No comments: