Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 7 November 2011

Dark By 5.00

Not much happening today, very overcast but dry after a chilly night. Tidying and stuff in the morning then in to work for the afternoon. We had a staff meeting after school so I didn't get away until after 5.00 by which time it was pitch dark. Had a slow journey home because I was stuck behind a 20mph tractor pulling a massive trailer of chopped up foliage, maize or beets probably, for winter feed. I don't know where the contractors are coming from but the fields must be one side of town with the farm somewhere beyond us. It is not usual in this area to have a farm so widely spread out.

The new Sky+ box is up and running and I do have to admit that HD is so much sharper. I am not impressed with the second dish, which I was told would be just under the eaves but it actually sticking out from the corner of the front of the house. The drama didn't end with the installation 'cos the TV engineer managed to run down his van battery by leaving the internal van lights on. Our jump leads were thrown away this summer because they had gone all rusty so we tried plugging in the battery charger to give him a boost but even after waiting a while it wasn't enough. So Peter had to phone our neighbour asking him bring over his jump leads and they got the van started that way. Might be time to buy some more jump leads though I have never had to use them. Even with new batteries my old Landrover was often went dead so I kept a spare charged up battery though it was hard work carrying the extra large battery to the car as Peter would always have gone to work before I discovered the fault. I don't really care about the colour, make or extra features of the car I drive. I only ask that it gets me from A to B and that the engine starts every time. So far my little Micra has been excellent.

No comments: