Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Time For The Glitter.

We had watery winter sunshine this morning though it was surprisingly warm. Everything is lush and very wet. Ideal conditions for pulling out weeds but not so good for walking on the grass and definitely not for mowing. Maybe this year I will finally achieve my ambition to weed the whole garden before spring. My excuses last year were that I was teaching full-time (with all the extra work that entails) and the ground was frozen hard for a lot of the time. I wonder what excuses I'll manage to find this year?
In the afternoon I was back at school working with the Year 2 children. After the usual phonics it was the mad chaos of all sorts of creative activities as the children worked on collages of the different seasons that they will be taking home. Finally the glitter is making an appearance even though we are not doing Christmas for another week. Then I subjected myself to more dancing after school as I went through the 2 dances with that class's teaching assistant so that she can carry on rehearsing the children. Her daughter dropped into the classroom and her only comment was "What ARE you doing?" That was after she stopped laughing at us. The sun made an appearance in the afternoon but the clouds rolled in and there wasn't a sunset to enjoy on my drive home. Just a view of the back of a trailer full of feed swedes being pulled by a tractor at 10 mph.



No comments: