Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Carnival.

I woke this morning to steady rain, not what we needed for our Carnival Performance. Luckily it cleared up and the children performed under grey but warm skies. The children did really well remembering to dance as well as play their milk bottle musical instruments and they looked cheerful in their own clothes many of them wearing the carnival masks they had made for the Summer Fayre. To encourage the children us teachers have to dance with exaggerated movements so  it is a matter of throwing away your inhibitions, the audience were there to watch their children not us anyway. I did wear my most colourful t-shirt, long bright blue feather earrings and had coloured my hair with blue, pink and purple hair chalks. After parading around to some samba music my class danced to Shakira and both classes sang The Rainforest Song. The other class danced to a song from the film Rio and then purely because they wanted to all the children sang to Let it Go from Frozen. Afterwards the families came in to look through the children's work books.
Before I went into school at lunchtime I drove to the other side of town to stock up at Lidl's and look for some shorts at a sports shop. I have my custom made pj shorts and several pairs of old and loose shorts for gardening but even the new pair I bought at the beginning of summer are now a bit on the big side. I found some girlie shorts (black with a pink stripe) but then I was faced with a dilemma. Should I buy the small sized ones which were just right around the rear but a little tight on the waist or should I buy the medium sized ones which were looser on the waist and too big on the bum? Was I going to be optimistic and think that I will eventually lose a few more pounds or realistic and think that I might gain a few pounds? In the end, as they were so cheap I bought both pairs.
The rain returned as I drove home so I didn't get a chance to go out and pick more blackcurrants.

No comments: