Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 17 July 2014

Hot.

Apparently it has been the hottest day of the year so far. It was overcast this morning and very humid here. I had planned to have a day of gentle weeding but when I heard something about heavy rain on the morning forecast I thought I ought to give the channel that runs down the middle of the drive a thorough clear out which involved strimming and then digging out with a trowel. I also cleared the section that runs through the yard out to the stream. After that I went up and cut back the grasses growing into the channel running through the field. It was hard work but I'm glad I did it because this evening there is a weather warning out for heavy rain and thunderstorms tonight and more severe storms tomorrow night.
Eventually I did get round to finishing weeding all the paving around the house. It was so good to have an early shower after which I sat outside reading for a while. By that time the sun had appeared and a warm wind made conditions very pleasant.
I also covered my new academic diary with a print of one of my garden photos. I'm one of those people who has to personalise everything and at least I never get my diary mixed up with anybody else's work diary. A couple of years ago the teachers were issued with A4 diaries with only the TA's getting the A5 diaries. A4 is great if you have lots to put in but as my work can be different each week I need to have a diary that fits in my handbag so after buying my own diary the first year I now get issued with the smaller one. 
Peas!

1 comment:

happyone said...

You've been busy today!! Hope you didn't get TOO much rain.
It's been a cool sunny day here by me.