Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 6 July 2014

Windy.

Red sky (or at least pink) last night correctly predicting a dry day today. It has been very windy with both sun and clouds giving spells of warmth.
Out in the garden I pulled up brambles, dug out bracken from under rocks and generally tidied up.  The last job of the day was to paint weed killer onto the undersides of the leaves of the rubus and some brambles that have grown right into the stone wall. With only 2 weeks to go it is hard to prioritise the garden jobs. Clearing out the weeds has got to be the main job though I need to clear some gutters and weed in between the paving slabs. I was going to try a home-made weed killer using vinegar and salt but then I had a brainwave that is even more eco-friendly (except to weeds) and costs me nothing - boiling water! It does the job pretty well especially where there are lots of tiny seedlings in the spaces between the slabs. 
The first of the buddlia are flowering so hopefully we will have lots of butterfly visitors. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Boiling water - I shall give that a try. Thanks for the tip.