Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Windy.

It's been a very windy day. It was quite cloudy in the morning and looked like it was going to rain but I trusted the forecast of a dry day and  washed the bedding. Luckily it stayed dry and the wind blew out the smell of cow slurry that permeated the morning air. Right now I can see trees swaying in the wind but there is not a cloud in sight. Apparently this is the lull between 2 weather fronts and we shall be back to overcast and possibly wet tomorrow.
The front patio gets the morning sun so I swept up the leaves and rose petals scattered there. The boiling water worked well in that it killed the weeds and moss growing in the gaps between the slabs but the dead foliage did not suddenly disappear. I wonder why I thought it would? So I made a start on clearing out the yellow/brown remains that were making the patio look messy. I stopped early in the afternoon as I wanted to go across town and do some shopping before the staff meeting at school. I managed to fit in Lidl's, Tesco's and B&Q. I'm trying to stock up on the basics for the whole summer so that I can enjoy a peaceful convalescence at home. Even without that in mind I enjoy being a country girl once the holidays start.

No comments: