Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Sunny at Times.

I was at school for the whole day again. All good for the back balance. I was teaching my usual Year 2 class. Their teacher had suggested that they do maths activities in the morning while small groups were taken out to pose for photos for their Leavers' Assembly. Last year that teacher put together an excellent video/slide show with music featuring all the children that were leaving the school in the summer and she is doing the same this year. I got the children to design their own board games using all the different mathematical symbols and language they been using over the year. That was fun but got quite noisy at times. In the afternoon we had pe and went out on the field to play some games. The weather couldn't make up its mind and kept changing from overcast and mild to sunny and hot.
The Rambling Rector rose over the woodshed.
After work I wanted to drive across town to BJ's and Lidl's. There are a new set of roadworks on the main road and the traffic was horrendous. I sneaked round the back way through the industrial estate to get up on the bridge so my journey in was fairly easy. At one point I could see stationary traffic from one side of the bridge to the other (going in the opposite direction to me), all around the big 'Stones' roundabout and on the 3 approach roads for as far as I could see. At BJ's I got 2 of the 3 things I had planned, a pair of sturdy outdoor 'relaxer' chairs and a gas fueled lighter for the barbecue but I forgot to get a can of teak oil for the outdoor table and chairs. Having seen the state of the traffic coming back over the bridge I drove over the old bridge and swung around the other side of town. I got stuck in heavy traffic for 15 mins but once I got back to Pilton it was a clear run home. 
When I got home I popped around to the stables to pick up some parcels for Peter that had been delivered there. I got a bit nostalgic when I chatted to some ladies tacking up horses for their riding lesson but cheered up when Jack made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Would I like to see the new kittens? Yes, yes, yes was the answer to that. I didn't have my camera with me otherwise this post would have been filled with ultra-cute kitten pictures. They are at the stage of still having round blue eyes that make them look very surprised, especially the black kittens. There are 2 mainly tabby kittens and one is especially sweet with half its face light ginger. That's the one Jack thinks they'll keep. I would so love to have one of those kittens but it is going to be hard enough to decide what to do with the 4 cats we have when the time comes to move in a year or so.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Ruta, your Astilbe are lovely. I have several plants that seem to struggle. I've transplanted them to what I hope is a more hospitable area. Shall see.

Kitties are the sweetest things around. My sister lived on a farm and had many, many "barn" cats. So, naturally, there was many, many generations. The big deal was when a mama cat decided to bring her babies to the porch. My sister always loved those introductions.