Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 24 July 2014

Hot.

It's been yet another hot day tempered by a cooling breeze. I've been following instructions, mainly, and taking things easy while moving from one chair to another and even having an afternoon snooze on the recliner. 
I've got quite prehensile toes and can pick up things from the floor without having to bend which is handy. I was able to water all the hanging baskets and pots and got most of the dead heading done too. I always buy the trailing 'Surfinia' petunias which make a good show but have to be dead headed every day. I have in the past wondered how they keep the many hanging baskets in town looking so good, surely the watering men don't stand there painstakingly snipping off the drooping flowers? Looking at the hanging basket that I bought from Homebase I now wonder if they are planting a different variety of trailing petunia as that basket needs less attention yet is flowering more profusely than my main baskets. If I get a chance I'll see if I can find out any further details as it might be worth buying that variety next year even if I have to order them on line.
Peter has been looking after me well, bringing me cups of coffee and checking if I need anything else. I'll enjoy it now because he'll have to be back at work next week. Luckily he had some holiday days that he could use now. Actually I'm able to get about very well but I'm trying to be sensible and pace myself. I haven't started my 'convalescence jobs apart from a long session on the piano yesterday evening. ' 

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Glad to read you are getting along .. keep at it.

Lovely pink photo...astilbe?

Several years ago, I bought a petunia that was excellent. Over here we sell lots of Wave petunia. They are like yours tailing but in need of dead heading. The ones I got, again years ago, trailed beautifully no cleaning needed. I will look for the name and add it to a comment.

happyone said...

I love your entrance way. Beautiful. Nice colors. Really nice!!

Harriet said...

I failed, Ruta, I cannot find the "petunia" identity stick anywhere. Sorry.