Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 26 July 2014

Still Warm.

We had an early start to the day as Peter had to be out on the river at 6.30. It was a lovely morning, if a little cooler than recently so I didn't mind being up early too. Once Peter had left I went downstairs and did all of my usual jobs apart from the hoovering. I'm still so grateful that this time I had a smaller incision and have made a much quicker recovery than the first time. I am being careful but that didn't stop me from picking half a bowl of blackcurrants yesterday while the birds tutted at me for picking their berries. Today I put on some gardening gloves and pulled up some of the weeds by the apple trees. As some of the nettles were 5ft tall that didn't involve any bending but I needed to be careful as I was wearing shorts and a bikini top.
It is still very warm so I have spent quite a lot of time sitting outside and reading in between short bursts of housework or gardening. One indoor job I have been doing is brushing the fur on our large  'teddy bear' fleece throw which was washed the other day. 2 sides of a 7ft x 7ft throw makes for an awful lot of brushing but today I have fluffed up over half of one side.  
The garden is full of butterflies at the moment and as one buddlia bush is by the conservatory door every now and again there are butterflies in the house. It's mostly Peacock butterflies with the occasional Painted Lady and a lot of Meadow Browns and Small Skippers which literally do skip all over the place making it hard to take photos. We get a lot of moths at the bathroom window in the night including some white ones that look a bit scary with their eyes shining red from the reflected light. Occasionally a big brown moth gets into the room and literally crashes around the place banging into things until we catch it or shoo it out of the window.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

I looked and looked and finally found from 2011 the petunia I wrote you about. Unfortunately, there is no botanical name....the stick reads: Super Cascade White, Petunia. Perhaps you will be able to determine it's botanical name. A little help...perhaps.

Ruta M. said...

Thank you. Once I'm getting out and about I'll see if I can get the information from Homebase or at least contact details of their supplier.