Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 25 July 2014

Hot, Hot, Hot.

Dare I say it but I think we having a hot summer. Everything feels so good at the moment, lovely weather, almost pain free back, ice-cream in the freezer and a ton of fruit in the fridge. And I'm under orders to take things easy.
Peter was skeptical about the accuracy of my garden thermometer  so I brought out a thermometer from the house which confirmed that things were pretty hot today. It would have been unbearable if it weren't for the cooling breeze that blew gently for most of the day. I alternated between sitting out on the sun and walking around doing some small jobs. Yesterday as I sat on the sun lounger I thought it would be good to have some shade over my head rather than wear a sun hat. My thoughts turned to those parasols we used to fix to baby buggies and today I managed to prop a large golf umbrella into the back of the chair which gave me the required shade. When I retired to the cool of the house both my pc and piano were in direct line of the breeze that was blowing from the back room through into the sitting room. So far I have played the piano every day which has been one of my summer goals. 
Peter took my car to the garage this morning but it turns out there are a few more things wrong with it so I've booked it in for next Thursday. After he brought my car back home he had to go out again for a union meeting. He hates the injustice he can see happening at his work and he is working hard to make life better for his fellow workers. 

No comments: