Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 3 July 2014

Windy.

I've had a very nice day teaching the 'other' reception class (not my Friday class). Early on I got message to say that the teaching assistant wasn't coming in (tummy bug!) but no sooner had I scaled down the day's plan than a very experienced teaching assistant came to take her place so we ended up getting all the work done. The only slight problem was that we were looking at a good children's maths site with lots of relevant games but nearly all of them needed sound and unfortunately only 2 of the 5 children's pcs had headphones and the speaker for the main interactive whiteboard was so crackly it was impossible to hear anything. Not to mention the projector over heating every 5 mins. At least that problem was solved by taking out and cleaning the filter at playtime. I'm going to be doing the same activities with my Friday class but all the headphones are there and the main board has sound.
After work I went down to the Co-Op as I had run out of my Earl Grey tea and I picked up lots of 50 &75% reduced items as well; smoked salmon, cherry tomatoes, stuffed crust pizzas, cucumber and living salad to name a few. Our big freezer is packed full but once the summer holidays start I won't be going in to town at all.
It's been overcast all day but with a very warm wind blowing. Even after shopping I was able to spend an hour tidying up the London Pride that grows in the stone wall. It is colder up here in the hills and almost feels as if it is going to rain. 

No comments: