Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 12 July 2014

Light Rain.

It's such a shame that we've had all that beautiful weather but when Vytas and Sally come to stay the rain arrived too. Only a fine rain but not weather for barbecues. Undeterred Vytas and Sally went to the beach and had a swim in a sea that was a lot colder than the warm tropical seas of Thailand they were used to. They did take the bodyboards but it was low tide and there were virtually no waves. If the surf report had been good I would have joined them but I didn't feel brave enough for just a swim.
Instead I drove into town first to the Post office, then Tesco's and finally to fill up the car with petrol before I drive to Exeter on Monday. Our afternoon has been spent chatting and I talked Sally through my simple cake recipe and she has successfully made a chocolate chunk cake. After supper we shall plug a lap top into our big tv so that we can look at some of the photos they took on their travels.

No comments: