Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Roasting.

A hot sunny day today. The garden thermometer, which admittedly has been in the sun all day is reading 42C. After a good long sleep this morning I too was out in the sun, first eating porridge lovingly prepared by Peter and then just reading. It got so hot that I had to change from my sweaty t-shirt to a bikini top. 
I really am finding things so much easier this time with my back. I just have to remember not to bend or twist but walking around is fine and I'm okay sitting in a chair. If I want something that is out of my reach I either pick it up with my toes or do a graceful knee bend keeping my back vertical. Peter does tend to look on the worst side of things and has been fussing over leaving me alone for a couple of hours while he takes the car for its MOT. What if SOMETHING happens and he can't get back? I can't imagine what might happen but I could always phone Sarah next door. Peter has been very helpful otherwise, he did my usual morning hoovering of the kitchen, corridoor and back room and then came and hoovered upstairs as well. He mowed all the lawns yesterday and then did the strimming this morning. I know it sounds ungrateful but I wish he wouldn't fuss quite so much. After all I'm mobile, can get in and out of bed easily and am not in some medicated haze. But that's his nature and it's good that he wants to look after me.  

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Happy to read you are doing so well and Peter is helping you a lot. Take care.

happyone said...

Wow that is hot!! Am I converting that correctly to 107 F?

Ruta M. said...

Yep, that's what the garden thermometer said. I have checked it against another thermometer but Peter says it's because it is in full sun while the meteorologists' thermometer which gives the official air temp is in a shaded box.