Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Sunny.

It was cool enough in the morning for me to need a body warmer but then the day got warmer and warmer. With the end of term in just  a few days the classroom walls are being stripped of signs, posters and children's work. The backing paper from the display boards is coming down too and never one to waste resources I give it to the children for large art work. Having a piece of coloured paper 3ft X 5ft makes for a different dynamic and the children worked in groups or even alone to produce exciting and detailed pictures. 
Today was our last day to practise our carnival performance. We are back to Plan A ie out in the playground as we couldn't (legally) fit 60 children and their families in the hall for one performance. The Year 2 children ran 2 performances of their Leavers' Assembly in the hall today which meant we had to do our rehearsal in the playground sotto voce so as not to disturb them. Hopefully our children will be full of energy for their performance tomorrow afternoon. After school I went into town to stock up on library books. I also got some dried figs (to counter the effect of the anesthetic) and some chocolate coated ginger which I didn't like as much as the carob coated ginger. 
The blackcurrants are hanging like fat black grapes on the bushes so I picked a couple of pounds when I got home. As usual the birds ate all the redcurrants as soon as they began to ripen but they are not so keen on the blackcurrants. Driving through the countryside yesterday I could see people's vegetable gardens full of well grown plants which makes me think I left my planting a little late. So far I still have 6 pumpkin plants which is encouraging and the peas and mange tout are looking good.

No comments: