Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 18 July 2014

Hot.

At last, school's out for summer. 16 of the parents in my reception class had clubbed together and bought each of the adults in class a lovely bouquet. Flowers are always my favourite though I'll enjoy the chocolates I was given by another parent too. It has been an extra hectic end to the academic year with teachers swapping classrooms and year groups. Most of the teachers will be in school next week to move furniture and equipment. There's also going to be some major decorating and refurbishment so it will be very different when we start school again next September. There were so many extra things to give out at the end of the day that I forgot to give out the pencils that 12 of my children had been given for not missing a day since last Easter so they'll have to get them at the beginning of next term. Things were so busy in the school office that nobody came to tell me that the garage had rung asking me to call in and confirm that I was happy to go ahead with the work on the car, they do this if the bill will be more than a small amount. I happily walked to the garage after school to pick up the car only to find that the work hadn't been done. That makes it quite awkward as I don't expect to feel up to coming into town for a few weeks after my op on Monday but it's not the end of the world.  
I walked into town after work to change a library book and buy some bendy straws, very useful when you are lying in bed.
I'm glad I made all my storm preparations yesterday as we had thunderstorms until 2.00 in the morning. It has been quite a hot day today and more storms are expected tonight.
PS We were going to show the children 'Frozen' this afternoon but had to change it to 'Nemo' as 'Frozen' is PG rated and we would have to had permission from the parents to show it to their 5 year old children.

No comments: