Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Misty Morning.

It's Peter's birthday today so he started his day with some cards and presents. At our age it is hard to know what to give each other so it's usually small or consumable presents. There's no point in going out on a working night but this weekend will be all celebration as Vytas and Sally are coming down. I foresee a barbecue as long as the rain holds off.
Our morning started with bright sunshine but once I could see across the surrounding countryside there were eerie mist banks sitting in the valleys. The small low cloud that often forms at the entrance to the Muddiford valley had expanded to the valley below Burridge and Barnstaple itself was buried in a thick cloud bank. That burnt off during the morning and we had bright sunshine for the rest of the day apart from a 10 min downpour at home time.
I was teaching a Year 1 class in the morning and because the teacher booked for the afternoon had a family crisis I stayed with that class and there was a shuffle around of staff to cover my Year 2 class in the afternoon. 
There were a lot of fast moving clouds in the late afternoon making it horribly cold in the shade but deliciously warm in the sun. Once I had done my exercises there was still time for an hour of weeding in the garden, in all the sunny spots of course. Sometimes I feel a little obsessed with the state of the weather but it is so changeable, which is exciting and if I could I would spend all day, every day outside. I don't mind the cold but lack of sun puts me in a low mood and I find it so much harder to motivate myself to do anything.

2 comments:

happyone said...

The misty morning pictures are gorgeous.
A BBQ on the weekend sounds lovely.
Again Happy Birthday to Peter. : )

Harriet said...

Lovely photos, Ruta, your "eye" for settings is exceptionally good. Happy Birthday to Peter, enjoy your lovely weekend w/family.

Like you and a large percentage of the world's population, I too find lack of sun to be a major cause of the "don't want to do anything syndrome".....sun is uplifting, energizing not mention warming.