Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 7 July 2014

Wet.

There were a couple of sunny spells first thing in the morning but for most of the day it has been raining. I busied myself with indoor jobs including  trying to deal with that pile of papers that lives on the kitchen table. I didn't quite manage to clear everything but it's been reduced to a few items which is a good start. As it's Peter's birthday tomorrow I made a batch of special flapjacks with sunflower seeds, mixed fruit and a chopped up bar of 70% dark chocolate. Naturally I had a taste when I cut it up into squares and it's not bad, if I say so myself.
With virtually no dry spells my only outside work was a bit of tidying up in the scree garden outbuilding and driving the rubbish up to the road. I stopped for a while to listen to a skylark which was singing away even in the rain. It had a main theme but every now and then it would throw in a bar of a new tune, repeat it a few times and then try something else.
One job that I had been putting off for a rainy day was to make some pj shorts out of 2 pairs of long pj's that I had bought for that purpose. It took me all afternoon to cut, pin, iron, try on and then re-pin until I was satisfied that they were the correct length and the same on both legs. That was a bit of a challenge for me as I'm not naturally good at things like sewing. Then I looked in 3 rooms before I found where I had moved my sewing machine to from its long time home in a kitchen cupboard. Sewing took minutes but I've left the machine on the kitchen table in case I think of something else I want to sew before I lug the heavy machine back upstairs.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Happy Birthday to Peter!

Your garden looks exactly how I think an English garden should be. : )

OSr Group said...

This is an awesome post.
Block Board Manufacturer in India