Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 14 July 2014

Hospital Appointment.

Conversation from yesterday;
Peter - Why is your clock an hour out?
Me - I didn't bother to change it when the clocks went forward. Anyway I can't really see it.
Peter - What do you mean, you can't see it?
Me - Well it's so small. Oh is that the clock? I thought it was the rev counter or something.
In mitigation my micra had a tiny digital clock smaller but in the same place as the overheating light here.
Today I had to drive down to Exeter again for my pre-op appointment. Both arms have been punctured, I had a 200 lead (well it felt like that) heart monitor, swabs for MRSA taken and I had to repeat my name, DOB and address numerous times. (Was that perhaps a memory test?) It did seem a little more thorough than the pre-op appointments I've had in the NHS hospital. Next stop the op in a week's time, that's if they don't cancel at the last minute like they did last time.
I had a pleasant drive there and back on the Old Road through Crediton though the journey up was too sedate as I was caught behind a cautious truck driver. I kept well back because there is no overtaking on most of that road. When we did stop for some road works I saw that it was a hire van hence the cautious 35mph drive. Coming back I was mostly driving on an empty road and could enjoy the country scenery. Especially nice was the cathedral like grandeur of the tall pines in the forested sections. 
When I got back to Barnstaple I stopped at Homebase to buy a new florescent tube for the kitchen light, only the 2nd time we've had to replace it in 20 years. While I was there I had a look around and finally found some bigger side plates. The blue ones we have and all the others I've seen in the local shops are smaller and have a lip so you can't put a whole slice of bread on them. These white porcelain ones from Habitat were reduced from £7 to £2.43 each so I bought 4 to match our white pasta bowls and cereal bowls. I hadn't long left the shop when I thought why on earth hadn't I got 6 rather than 4? I'll get Peter to buy 2 more when he drives back from the hospital next week.
I also had a wander around the garden section and got this planted hanging basket reduced from £8 to £3. Some dead heading and regular watering should perk it right up.
Another sleeping goat from Yesterday.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend. : )
Love the petunia's.
Nice shot of the goat!!

Harriet said...

The goat made me smile. So interesting that animals are capable of sleep anywhere while we humans have preferences.

I, too, often purchase a minimum of items only to realize more would have been better. Unfortunately for me, a return trip often is sad because what I wanted was gone. I often think I'm the only person looking for bargains....so silly.