Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 30 June 2014

Cooler.

A little cooler again today. I've been at work all day, teaching a Year 1 class that I don't usually have. The morning was spent writing about the trip to the beach and in the afternoon they drew pirates. Nothing too strenuous. I finished up quite quickly at the end of the day so I went into town. I was looking for cards for birthdays that are coming up in the next few months as I remember not feeling like walking in crowds for some time after the last spinal op. I was going to buy my usual treat of carob coated ginger but one health food shop didn't stock them and the other one had run out. 
I managed to fit in some gardening  when I got home; hoeing the veg plots and filling up the gaps with more bean and pea seeds. At least I'll have a succession of crops, that is if the slugs don't eat them. Last week I potted up 2 chili plants that I had grown from saved seeds. Ever thrifty I used the compost from the pots where nothing had germinated and up came ? probably another pumpkin but possibly a courgette. I'll plant that out soon. In the veg plots I have 2 cane wig-wams. which were initially planted with runner beans. None of those, admittedly old seeds grew but 1 that I put in pots did. Then I found an old packet of sweet pea seeds so I planted those by the canes. Today I also found a packet of sunflower seeds so I've planted those inside the canes as well. It would be amazing if all that lot did grow.

No comments: