Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 8 June 2014

Sun and Showers.

It's been one of those days when the fast moving clouds either delivered rain or left a tiny gap for the hot sun to blaze through. Peter managed to mow half the lawns while I worked on the paving before a sudden shower sent us back indoors. Later Peter went off rowing for the first time in a long while and got soaked through several times. Nevertheless he was happy to have been out on the water. He definitely won't be racing this summer but he can at least build up his fitness levels. 
In between showers I got the paving cleared and once I've done the sides I'll be able to clean the slabs with the pressure washer. The moss has been the hardest thing to clear. It's surprising how such a tiny plant can cling on to the smallest crevasse even when the washer is at its highest setting and stripping off the top layer of the concrete slabs. I've been alternating between a small kitchen knife and a wire brush to remove the moss by hand.
During one rainy spell I baked a batch of flapjacks which are now cooling in the cupboard. They are for Peter but I have to admit to licking the mixing spoon. 

No comments: