Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 1 June 2014

Cool.


The sun did come out briefly, I think, but for the most part today has been overcast and not too warm. I was worried that Peter might make his shoulder worse again so mowing the rest of the grass was my first job. 
Then I planted some runner beans in both veg plots and now I have a selection of sticks to look at. Should the peas and beans I have planted in the ground fail to germinate or get decimated by the slugs I have a back up plan. I've got some pumpkin seeds planted in pots in the conservatory. These have just burst through the soil with their huge seed leaves unlike the courgette seeds that I also planted in pots. (The courgette seeds were from last year so perhaps they don't keep). I'll keep the pumpkin plants in pots until they are a good size and stand a reasonable chance outside. I also planted some cuttings from a couple of my favourite sedums and the lambs' ears. I did sit outside for a while but it got chilly even with a fleece and I had to head back indoors.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Ken is going to make a pumpkin patch! : ) Never tried that before. Good luck with yours.

Ruta M. said...

With our limited sun I think Ken stands a better chance than I do but I'll try anything once.