Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 12 June 2014

Sunny.

If we had whole weeks of days like today  it would make for a perfect summer. The blue skies got me up earlier than usual. Looking out of the window I saw 2 squirrels in the garden. They saw me too and shot up the tree where they sat on adjoining branches looking very cute. By the time I got my camera one was already down on the ground. That's the first time I've seen 2 squirrels together here. Perhaps they are plotting a route to the bird feeder filled with peanuts.
It was a lovely day for a walk up the hill, first passing Boris in a sea of buttercups.... 
.... and then out on to the road. All was quiet in the morning heat until I reached the dappled shade of the trees by Ashelford Corner. 
Coming back down into our valley he goose family were feeding on the grass. The young are beginning to get their adult plumage and look more like little geese than grey balls of fluff. 
Up in the outbuildings the young swallows look almost ready to fly.
Having completed all the preparations I got out the pressure washer to clean the paving at the back of the house. First hurdle was over come in that the spare hose was long enough to reach around from the tap under the kitchen window. I started to clean off the slabs but then the washer started spluttering and the water pressure dropped. I turned off the pressure washer as I didn't want to burn out the motor and checked the water supply. The water coming out of the kitchen tap was brown, obviously the heavy rain had washed soil down into our bore hole which does happen sometimes. I let the tap run until the water was clear but I noticed the flow had lessened. I wondered if the power cut we had the day of the thunderstorms had flipped a switch up at the tank or something so I'm waiting to check with Peter before doing any more pressure washing and possibly emptying out the tank in the outbuildings. Instead I started weeding the path around the pond which has been making me feel guilty for a little while. 
In the afternoon I had to go to an RE teachers' meeting/lecture at the boys' old school. One of my friends was there but also a lady who used to teach the boys. Naturally she asked after them and I had to explain about Linas which is never easy. But that's the way it goes. The meeting was OK but I was glad to get home and spend an hour soaking up the sun in the garden.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Weather sounds perfect. Everything looks so pretty with the sun lighting up the countryside.
Hope you have another sunny day. We seem to be having a mixture of rain and sun in the same day.