Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 28 June 2014

Cooler.

The postman delivered a very welcome letter today. It was from the hospital and my operation is scheduled for 21st of July. That's only 3 weeks and 2 days away. It's on the first day of the school summer holiday so I won't lose any of the extra but much needed money I make doing supply teaching. Now I need to get the all garden work up to date as I'll be restricted in what I can do after the op.
The day started with some showers, typical Glastonbury weather but brightened up in the afternoon. I'm having my usual Glasto' weekend with the tv up to full volume (which isn't high enough,) while we watch from the comfort of home, even watched some in bed this morning. Last night's highlights were Blondie and  Rodrigo y Gabriella who were amazing. I haven't watched so much today as the sun lured me outside but we're looking forward to Metallica tonight.
This afternoon I enjoyed the sun as I worked my way around the scree garden getting rid of the bigger weeds, mainly bracken. The rooks have quietened right down, must be sitting on the next batch of eggs, and they seem to have given up on trying to colonise the trees next to the house. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a nice picture of you. : )
Ken's sister Kathy, went to school with Blonde. She didn't know her well though.