Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 23 June 2014

Sunny.


Still sunny and warm but a bit more overcast at times. I've been teaching all day so the day has whizzed by. First thing was a quick rearrangement of our plans as we were one adult down in the Reception classes but that wasn't too much of a problem. We combined the classes at times so that I could teach them the chorus of a rain forest song and later they watched a DVD, literacy I think, so that we could hear some individual readers.
I needed to sort my class into hares and tortoises for sports' day so I took the children outside before play time and let them race in 5's. They each had a cone to run to and around but in one race 5 boys all decided to aim for the same cone. The result was that 2 of them bumped heads, lots of wailing and one boy coming up with a bump with a bruise.  We always have ice packs in the fridge because small children are forever bumping their heads. 3 little girls who had been fine all morning came up to me at lunchtime announcing that they had to go home as they 'had poorly tummies'. Nice try, I just said they were probably hungry and no they didn't need to go home.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Ruta...what are the lovely purple flowers? Their color is so intense a lovely morning surprise for my eyes.

Ruta M. said...

It's a small campanula and makes a lovely splash of colour growing in the stone wall. Hardy and slug proof, I think it was given to me by a neighbour.