Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Sunny.

I had the morning to myself this morning and what a beautiful morning it was. When I first went outside the air was warm; the sun shining and the only sounds were the birds singing in the trees. The rooks had quietened down to the occasional caw and it was just so peaceful. Walking up the hill in the gentle breeze I simply had to stop and listen to the quiet of the countryside (does that make sense?) Suddenly a skylark rose up from the field beside me, singing away as it flew higher and higher. 
I'm getting a bit worried about my car. Driving in to school the engine suddenly revved up as I waited at the traffic lights which was strange. Then after school It took 4 attempts to get it to start which it did with a cough and a splutter. I called in at the garage next door but Alec said it could be anything and then of course it started up perfectly. I spent an hour in town visiting the library - £4.40 fine !!! and some shops. Then I thought the car wasn't going to start again but it did with a few more coughs and started up just when I thought I was going to flood the engine. I must make sure to have my phone with me so that I can phone the RAC if the car won't start.
Look what those blasted slugs have done to this pumpkin plant, every leaf chewed off. I've sprinkled a few pellets around in case the slugs come back to finish off the leaves but I don't hold much hope that the pumpkin will survive. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I know exactly what you mean listing to the countryside quiet. I do it all the time. : )

The blue sky looks so pretty in the background of the green and yellow!!

Too bad about the pumpkin. Hope it recovers.
Sure hope the slugs stay away from our pumpkin patch. So far so good for us.