Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 13 June 2014

A Scorcher.

It was beautifully hot today and I'm not complaining. Just a shame that I was at work all day. We did spend most of the afternoon outside mostly in the dappled shade of the Secret Garden.  Having failed completely to get a couple of YouTube videos past the school filter on the classroom lap top even though they worked fine in the staff room which was a complete mystery as everything is supposed to be on the same server we abandoned our plans to start work on our carnival songs. Instead we took 60 children, a basket of 40 assorted musical instruments and marched around outside doing some call and response work. Sort of me making up child appropriate football chants. Then we took both classes out onto the hot field to try out some more relay races including a sack race. By then it was playtime so we headed back to the cool of the Secret Garden where we were joined by the rest of the school.
I stayed on at school until 5.30 getting things ready for next week. Back home after that to send an email to the class teacher with an update on the day and a list of all the things I couldn't find.
The sun is still shinning now and lighting up the arum lilies.  I need a bit more practise with the manual focus and exposure settings to capture their sculptural shapes.


No comments: