Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 26 June 2014

Rain.

I got in the car this morning and it would not start at all so muttering darkly I jumped into Peter's car and he gave me a lift to school. This evening a workmate of his, who used to be a Peugeot mechanic came around to have a look at it. There was no fuel at all getting through to the plugs and they wouldn't spark either. Peter's friend is very kindly steering my car while Peter tows it back to the garage. I've only been towed once and it was a scary trip with all the hills we have here which just goes to show I'm a bit of a whimp.
Today, it has been raining. I know it was the first time in weeks but the weathermen did say we would have rain. So why did only 4 children out of my class of 30 have jackets and most of the rest didn't have their sweatshirts? I had to send children home in the pouring rain with no coats or sweatshirts. It's the day of THE BEACH TRIP tomorrow and the forecast is for heavy rain showers and even some talk of thunder. If there is we will have to return early. Somehow I don't think we will have to worry too much about getting too much sun. 

Update - Peter has just phoned to say they will be a while. As they were going along a local farmer told them that there was a big pile-up at Burridge and there is a big traffic jam and everything is being diverted. That means they will have to go down some narrow twisty roads so I am even more relieved not to be at the wheel. I'm not surprised about the accident. A good half mile of road has been top dressed with a slick of tar and lots of gravel. There are signs saying stick to 15mph because of the danger of skidding but do people take notice? Peter was driving a little faster than that this evening and even with his 4WD we had a small slide.

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Thank you, Ruta, I appreciate you answering my questions. Your garden is lovely. Today's flower, large green leaves with yellow flowers.....I had something very similar in my garden, but I can't for the life of me remember the name. Hope all goes well for your car and your students sport day. Methinks parents simply don't listen to the weather reports....perhaps a little less smart phone time would help?!

Harriet said...

I remembered....Ladies Mantle.

happyone said...

Sure hope all thing work out with your car.
Maybe they will be wrong about the rain tomorrow and it will be a nice day. : )

The water droplets on the rose is so pretty.