Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Sunny.

Our 'summer' continues with yet more sunny weather.  Peter didn't have to get up early again because they were told yesterday afternoon that they weren't needed to come in early as there weren't have enough parts. He doesn't mind at all. 
I still went out for my walk but only up to the road as I wanted to get things done before going in to work. Speedy followed me up the hill wailing most piteously. I found it very hard not to turn around but I don't want to encourage the cats to go right up to the road. He waited halfway and joined me as I came down the hill.
I was able to get some more general tidying up on the little grass path that winds up the slope, using the secateurs to cut the grass and weeding out the flower beds on either side. This has got to be the best time of year for the garden with all the hardy geraniums making solid blocks of colour up the hillside and the roses in full bloom too.
Off to school in the afternoon to teach the Year 2 class. We were able to go out on the field for PE where I had to subtly note who were the hares and the tortoises so that we can split them for the sports' day running races. After school I went into town first to drop off some more crockery and clothes at the charity shop and then to make a last visit to the health food shop. It's closing this Friday which is a shame as I much prefer to go to an independent shop rather than the other 2 health food shops which are both part of large chains. There were no closing down reductions but I bought over 7 kilos of oat bran, which is about as much as I could comfortable carry and she did knock a couple of quid off. Then I went and bought a bikini in Primark. Now I certainly would not wear a bikini on the beach as though I have lost a lot of weight my tummy has still got to be the part of my body I like the least. Really I just wanted a bikini top that I could wear with shorts while gardening so that I can get a bit more sun without worrying about the postman or my neighbour's son wandering down. I tried on some tops that came on their own but in the end I picked one that came as a set. Of course it is black though I did try some patterned ones, now I have to hope that this good weather doesn't switch to an endless summer of cold grey days.,

1 comment:

happyone said...

Your garden is so pretty. Glad you're having a such weather.
Our weather has been fine too. Nice living up in the mountains where it is cooler than where we used to live.