Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Cooler.

Last night I got Peter to listen to the click, click ........ click, cough, bang as I started up the car and he advised me to get it seen to asap. I rang the garage first thing this morning but they couldn't fit it in until tomorrow. After a moment of panic the voice of reason set in. The only journey that I had to worry about was getting in to work today at lunch time. If I couldn't get the car to start then I would be stuck. The only solution would be to go next door to see if anyone could give me a lift. Though actually I wasn't really working this afternoon but had offered to go in and help as it was the school's Sports' Day. Luckily, even though I got to the point where I thought I had drained the battery it did finally start. For all the rest of my journeys such as coming home tonight or going to work tomorrow I can get a lift with Peter. It was touch and go after work today but it started so there is just one more time when I have to hope it starts and then the car will be in the garage anyway.
The geese family are usually out grazing on the grass by the ponies' fields (this was this evening) but whenever I walk past them they head for the safety of the lake. This morning as I went past on my walk they started waddling down the hill as usual. They were a little further over than in the photo, just where the long grass hides a 3ft bank. The adult geese got down the bank quite gracefully but one after the other the youngsters slid down the bank and fell flat on their faces at the bottom.
It's been cloudier and much cooler today which was better for the children's Sports' Day as the junior school field where it is held has no shade at all. Each class had 4 teams, the hares and tortoises I had been sorting out last week, and the children ran 4 races each moving around the field in their year groups to the different activities. The children got stickers for winning or taking part and they all seemed to enjoy it.  I left straight after work not bothering with the staff meeting which was somebody coming to talk about our pensions. Because I took time out to be a stay at home mum and have been mainly part time my work pension is very small and I won't get it until I'm 66. I was home nice and early so I had time to cut down the flower stalks of another patch of London Pride. 

3 comments:

happyone said...

Glad your car got you to where you needed to go and hope it gets fixed tomorrow.

Pretty flowers.
Must have been funny to watch the geese go down the hill. : )

Sounds like a good day for the kids to be outside.

Harriet said...

Your geese made me laugh. You have been very kind answering my flower questions. Here's another, what is the first flower....the center looks like a pearl. So lovely. Best luck with you car, so frustrating to have a noise, no start, a noise, start. I often think those machines really have a mind of their own.

Ruta M. said...

That is a double hardy geranium plenum. The flowers are quite small no more than 2cms across. I've got a darker more purple one too. I probably bought them at a major national garden show that I used to go to with my friend.