Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 29 June 2014

Mostly Sunny.

The day started with some light rain but the sun came out later and by this evening I could hardly bear to come back indoors. I watched some more Glastonbury this morning with my flowers in my hair of course, and perfected my dancing while you iron technique. I had to stop my ironing to watch the English National Ballet dance 'Dust' which was simply amazing. A little bit of it is on this  trailer, it was simply stunning. We didn't get to watch Metallica last night as Peter was rowing and coxing early this morning so we'll watch them tonight.
Now that I only have 3 weeks to get things done I can't afford to spend time sitting and relaxing in the sun. Today I used the hoe to cut down the tall weeds growing under the apple trees. Once I'd dragged the vegetation away I hoed deeper to get rid of most of the roots. Not a perfect job but at least it didn't involve bending. Then I was out on the hillside cutting back and weeding the London Pride before doing the same to the snow-in-summer by the patio.

No comments: