Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 15 June 2014

Sunny.

Yet another sunny day for us to enjoy. Peter wasn't rowing so we had the chance to sleep in a bit longer. It was such a lovely morning that I decided to walk on further going down to Ashelford Corner and then along the farm track.  
Yesterday the air was filled with the scent of fresh cut grass but today the dry grass smelt like new hay. It was very quiet as silage cutting is over for the time being and even the birds had gone quiet in the heat.
On my return I could have used the stile on the right to cut across the field but I preferred to walk in the cool of the trees. There was a breeze blowing which cooled things down as well. Walking down our drive I noticed that one arm was hot from the sun while the other was cool from the breeze and the shade. No sooner had the thought that if I wanted to warm my other side up I would have to walk backwards crossed my mind then I decided to do just that. Well it's supposed to be good for your hamstrings or something. It was a very strange sensation to be walking downhill backwards. But I only walked that way to the bend in the road. I did turn around at that point because I didn't want anyone to see me being so silly. 
For the rest of the day I pottered around the garden weeding and tidying up edges. I need to get around the  whole garden giving it a tidy up before I start another project.Later Peter cooked up another barbecue and we ate outside even though it was getting a bit on the cool side.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love the smell of new cut grass.
We had a day here too just like you described your weather.