Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 16 June 2014

Overcast.

I was up extra early this morning as Peter has to go to work an hour earlier every day this week (for hardly any extra pay). It was overcast at first and not as hot as yesterday but I still got 2 machine loads of bedding washed, dried and ironed.
While the first load was in the machine I took myself up the hill. Just for a change I turned right at the top of the drive and walked to Bowden Corner. It's a good thing that we don't have any good long walks from home or I would spend most of my time out walking. As it is either way you come to a busy road or high hedges after the first mile.
At the moment nature's colour scheme is mainly pink and white.  The red campion comes in a couple of slightly different shades of pink and there was one white plant, not to be confused with the white sea campion which is different.
 Foxgloves for a little height.
I walked down as far as Bowden Corner and then turned back for home and the day's work. 
It got sunnier during the day and I spent most of my time edging and weeding. I need to get that done because soon it will be time to cut back plants which have finished flowering. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Your photo of a Ladybug reminded me that this little insect does a huge job in my garden.