Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Warm.

We had more cloud today but it was still quite hot. When I went out for my walk up the hill the goose family was out on the water.   
I didn't have to go to school until 3.00 so I had plenty of time to work outside. I planted out the rest of the pumpkin plants, luckily the slugs have left the first ones alone, and hoed between the rows of emerging peas and beans. Of all the runner beans I planted only one actually grew. Maybe I'll buy some plants though now Peter tells me he doesn't really like runner beans. Sweet peas instead? Then it was back to weeding and now the hillside is nearly done. 
Then off to school for the staff meeting. This was all about the arrangements for the end of term events. This year I am working on the day the whole school goes to the beach and on the afternoon of the Reception children's disco. The beach is fun though it is nerve racking being ultimately responsible for 30 5 year olds. We just have to keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't rain as there is no shelter. I also volunteered to come and help, (unpaid) on the Sports' Day afternoon.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Lovely photos.