Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Dry.

A gloomy morning turned into a lovely afternoon giving me plenty of interesting cloudscapes to enjoy as I drove home from work. 
In the morning I worked with the reception children again, this time it was a maths based day. Yes, we are now teaching maths rather than numeracy. Oh how the jargon words chop and change. While the children were eating their fruit which today was satsumas, they sat in a circle and they were learning how to add by working out how many of our rag doll babies were sleeping under a blanket. The idea was that they would try and do this in their heads following on from a session where we practised putting one number in our heads and then using fingers to add on a small number. One little girl when telling the class how she had worked out her answer showed how she had arranged the segments of her satsuma to help her add the 2 numbers. She wouldn't have been able to do that if carrots had been the day's snack.
In the afternoon I was back with one of my Year 2 classes. Phonics, followed by PE and then whole school singing in the hall. As we were going to play tennis, or rather my version of tennis skills, the children got changed into their PE clothes for the lesson. Call me old fashioned but I was very surprised to see 3 or 4 of the girls wearing little bras. Not crop top type vests but a few inches of fabric with tiny straps! On 6 year old girls of normal body shape ie skinny and as flat as a board. Personally I think their mothers should teach them how to tie their laces rather than trying to dress them like mini adults.
PS The Plank , which I was rambling on about yesterday is a yoga position which I do in bare feet so I'm balanced on the balls of my feet. Apparently the next step is to stretch out an arm and the opposite leg but so far that puts me in a heap on the floor.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Love the flowers and what gorgeous colors.
Our weather here was the same as yours!!